Welcome to my blog. My goal is to share my favorite recipes. Most are not original recipes. I am trying to complile all of the recipes and eventually publish them into a cookbook.



Thursday, May 20, 2010

Well-Done Hamburgers

I have been trying different ways to have well-done, yet juicy hamburgers.  I think I have finally figured it out.  Try it you will like it!

Ingredients

2 lbs hamburger (80/20 works well)
1 hamburger bun
2 tbs milk
1 tbs steak sauce
2 cloves garlic; minced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce

Directions

  1. Preheat grill on high.
  2. Break up hamburger bun into food processor.  Process for about 1 minute.
  3. Add bun crumbs to large mixing bowl and add milk.  Mash with a fork until combined.
  4. Add steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce and garlic.  Stir to combine.
  5. Break up hamburger and add to mixture in bowl.  Use hands and combine.  Be careful not to over-mix.  Add salt and pepper.
  6. Use large lid (such as a mayonnaise jar) lined with plastic wrap and add hamburger pushing down to form about 7-8 patties.
  7. Cook on hot grill for about 5 minutes per side.
  8. Remove from grill and serve with your favorite toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment