Welcome to my blog. My goal is to share my favorite recipes. Most are not original recipes. I am trying to complile all of the recipes and eventually publish them into a cookbook.



Monday, June 14, 2010

Café Rio (or Costa Vida) Sweet Pork Copycat Recipe

There are a ton of copycat Sweet Pork recipes on the web.  I have tried a few and made some tweaks and I think I have a pretty decent version of the yummy pork!  See what you think but I couldn't believe how easy it was.

Since my goal of doing this blog is to publish it into a cookbook, I am finally taking my own photos instead of getting them off of Google.  Now I have to go back and replace all of my previous posts with my own pics!

Café Rio Sweet Pork


Ingredients

6-7 pounds boneless pork ribs (they come in a package at Costco)

1 2 liter bottle of Coke (NOT Diet Coke or Coke Zero)

1 tsp garlic salt

1/4 c. water

1 medium sized can of sliced green chilies

1 can enchilada sauce (mild or medium depending on desired spiciness)

2 c. brown sugar


Directions


  1. Put pork, 1 1/2 cups of coke, water, and garlic salt in crock pot on high for about 3-4 hours (or until it shreds easily, but don't let it get TOO dry) or on low for 8 hours. Remove pork from crock pot and drain any liquid left in the pot. Shred pork. 
  2. In a blender, blend 2 cups Coke, chilies, enchilada sauce and brown sugar. If it looks too thick, add more Coke little by little.
  3. Put shredded pork and sauce in crockpot and cook on low for 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment