Welcome to my blog. My goal is to share my favorite recipes. Most are not original recipes. I am trying to complile all of the recipes and eventually publish them into a cookbook.



Monday, March 22, 2010

Green Bean Cassorole

Who doesn't like green bean cassorole?

 
I made a few tweaks to the standard recipe which I think make it irresistable!

  • I saute mushrooms and onions to add to the soup mixture
  • I add toasted slivered almonds to the topping for extra crunch and texture
Here's the recipe

 
Ingredients:

 
1 TBS olive oil
1 pkg fresh sliced mushrooms
1/2 onion chopped
2 (10 3/4 oz.) cans CAMPBELL'S® Cream of Mushroom Soup
3/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 (9 oz. each) pkgs. frozen cut green beans, thawed*
2 cups FRENCH'S® Original or Cheddar French Fried Onions
1/2 cup slivered almonds

*You may substitute 2 cans (14 1/2 oz. each) cut green beans, drained or 4 cups fresh, cooked cut green beans.

 
Directions:

  1. In a dry skillet, carefully toast slivered almonds over medium-low heat.  After they are fragrant and slightly toasted remove from heat and set aside.
  2. Add olive oil to skillet and saute mushrooms and onions until onions start to brown.  Turn off heat.
  3. Add soup, milk and pepper to skillet and stir to combine.  Stir in beans and 1 cup French Fried Onions. 
  4. Put mixture into a 1 1/2 qt baking dish and bake at 350 degrees until hot. 
  5. Stir and add 1 cup onions and slivered onions on top. Bake 5 min. until onions are golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment